In a bid to lose weight, many dieters and fitness enthusiasts have tried adding hCG to their weight loss program as an effective ways to shed fat without losing muscle.
But hCG is anything but a miracle drug and anyone that suggests otherwise may be trying to sell you something you don’t need.
Much of what is written about the hCG Diet is either misplaced fear mongering, or the result of an over-zealous marketing department making claims of benefits that are greatly exaggerated… but that doesn’t mean you should throw the value offered by hCG out with the bath water.
At SlimWell, we offer hCG as part of a full weight loss program.
The truth is that there are several delivery methods for hCG, including injections, drops and transdermal creams. To know which one is the best for you, you ought to know the difference, and choose to work with a company that offers your best fit.
While the most common, most recognized application of hCG is via injection, drops and transdermal creams are gaining popularity – below, we explain the difference. Here’s the real skinny on hCG…
hCG injections are typically administered daily from a medical professional. Unfortunately, for many people on hCG diets, this is a huge time commitment to drive to a clinic each day. In addition to this inconvenience, some clients have experienced the following:
- Many client experience bruising and/or discomfort at the injection site.
- hCG injections must be kept refrigerated.
- Clients have reported that travelling with hCG injections have been difficult and the needles take time to dispose of in safe manner.
- HCG drops are typically purchased in the form of homeopathic which are highly diluted, homeopathic
- hCG drops typically contain reduced levels of the hCG hormone.
- Pure medical grade hCG is never available without a valid doctor prescription.
- hCG clients should be very sceptical when purchasing hCG drops or its variations, unless supervised by a qualified medical weight loss professional. In fact, internet homeopathic hCG is almost always manufactured outside of the U.S. and Canada, and typically doesn’t align with North American safety standards.
SlimWell’s NEW! Pharmaceutically Compounded hCG Transdermal Medical Cream
Medically prescribed transdermal cream get absorbed through the skin, and this means of application is the clinically preferred method for a hormone therapy like hCG.
Our clients have reported that they prefer the transdermal application and are enjoying it for a number of reasons.
- It is much easier to use, just apply it into the skin in the morning before you begin your day, better to travel with, no needles to dispose of and the weight loss results have been equally as effective as the injections.
- Our compounded medical grade transdermal HCG cream is only available by obtaining a medical prescription.
- The transdermal cream is compounded with the same full strength medical grade HCG as previously used in the injections.
- The transdermal base is designed to deliver large molecules like HCG into the skin for optimal absorption.
- The HCG cream contains no oils, so it aligns with the SlimWell program restrictions, and is made from a medical grade HCG.
- The transdermal delivery system of the HCG is transmitted through the skin using a special emollient designed for the medication to enter the bloodstream. The cream is a great option since it is easy to apply once daily to the inner wrist/forearm area.
Initially, some clients were hesitant about changing from injections to the transdermal needless format, but rest assured their weight loss has been successful and the results have been just as effective.
Inevitably, the decision is up to you. Both the hCG transdermal cream and the daily hCG injections have the same degree of efficiency just that the cream offers more regarding the application, convenience and safety.
Want to learn more about hCG?
Curious how Slimwell is able to offer weight loss of 30lbs in 30 days?
Contact us today for the chance to speak with one of our weight loss professionals.
Slimwell recognizes there are plenty of ways to lose fat these days. While there will never be a substitute for healthy eating and exercise, there may always be that stubborn fat that diet and exercise alone can’t get to. In that case, you may be considering Coolsculpt.
Coolsculpt is a great option when looking to target problem areas. However it is not always the right option if you have 15lbs or more to lose. Here’s why.
What is Coolsculpt?
Coolsculpt is a non-invasive procedure that works by freezing fat cells. Someone getting a coolsculpt done doesn’t go under the knife; there’s no surgery or cutting involved, so the procedure is safer than other types of surgery, such as liposuction.
How Coolsculpting Works
The technician uses an applicator that works in a similar way to a vacuum, though not anywhere near as powerful. The skin is sucked into the applicator, which cools the fatty cells. The area will go numb, and it’s likely the patient will experience a cold sensation around the treated areas.
The procedure takes approximately one hour. There might be some tenderness or soreness at the spot, but there’s no recovery time needed — unlike actual surgery.
It can take between four and six months for the fat cells to disappear entirely.
Does Coolsculpting Work?
Fat cells treated with Coolsculpt go away completely. However, the procedure won’t stop new fat cells from growing, so keeping the weight off requires a change in daily habits around nutritional choices.
What sort of cost is involved?
Coolsculpt is considered a cosmetic treatment so it generally won’t be covered under insurance. The prices can vary depending on where you’re located and how many treatments might be needed. Someone with fat located on several parts of their body might need more treatments than a person with only one or two areas that need treating.
Coolsculpt is a great way to target those stubborn areas especially, after you have lost weight and are still feeling like a little more tone is needed. Instead, if you’re looking to lose weight and keep it off a nutritional choices are the lifelong solution. However Coolsculpt is a fast solution for targeting 5-10lbs of fat in problem areas.
It’s also important to discuss coolsculpting with your doctor or GP. Weight gain can be linked to more than just unhealthy eating and can be indicative of other health problems, such as diabetes.
Coolsculpt may act as a quick way to target those unwanted bulges or problem areas. It’s non-invasive, doesn’t hurt, and you don’t need to spend ages recovering from surgery.
Consider your end goal.
Are you looking to target specific areas OR do you have more than 15lbs to lose and wish to keep it off?
A great candidate for Coolsculpt, is someone who is close to their target weight, but with some areas that may need a little extra help with toning or targeting those stubborn areas
However If you’re looking for help with achieving your optimal weight, consider a nutritionally focused weight loss program like Slimwell that focuses on losing weight and keeping it off.
Contact our team at Slimwell for a free consultation. We’ll explain our approach and why it boasts a success rate of more than 90% for those who stick to it.
You’ve decided to embark on a journey of losing weight, and you should feel good about this decision; a healthy lifestyle is not only linked to a longer life but a happier one as well.
But where do you start? There are numerous ways you can lose weight fast. The problem is that simply eating less is likely to leave you feeling unsatisfied and hungry.
Juggling a weight loss program with family and work life can be a daunting experience especially when done on an empty stomach.
The good news is you do not have to endure this, with a simple adjustment to your diet you can be on the road to jumpstarting your weight loss, without suffering hunger pains.
Losing weight is as much about you, as it is about the foods you eat.
• The first thing to understand is that all calories are not the same; some calories can fill you up without having a profound, adverse effect on the body.
• The metabolic process varies for different foods and different bodies. Some take longer pathways through the body, while others react with you differently based on your genetic makeup.
• Different foods have enormous impacts on your unique body, with effects that can range from raging hormones to feelings of hunger to the amount of fats your body can efficiently burn.
DID YOU KNOW?
At Slimwell, we include a food sensitivity test with every weight loss program to identify the foods that may be creating inflammation in your system and to help you make the best food choices for your unique dietary needs.
Not quite ready to commit to a weight-loss program? The following advice should start you down the right path.
Healthy foods to eat to lose weight
While no one particular food holds the magical wand to weight loss, the following foods are likely to help you stop the hunger, without adding a lot of fat. Most of these foods are known to have a low energy density, which means that you can have large portions without going overboard on calories. They also have high fibre which will help suppress your appetite by keeping you full for longer and making weight loss a little easier.
This monounsaturated fatty acid fruit contains dietary fibre, phytochemicals and potassium. According to studies, people who enjoy avocados regularly, typically enjoy low body weight, BMI and waist circumference. This creamy and flavourful fruit has a satisfying fat and fibre combination which will help you cut down on your weight, without going hungry.
The egg’s high-quality protein contains essential nutrients including choline and vitamin D. The other good thing about eggs is that they are typically eaten in the morning, which makes them a protein powerhouse that helps regulate hunger and appetite hormones.
If you are trying to lose weight, then your best friend should be healthy foods that are high in fibre. Luckily, this is a condition that beans fulfil effortlessly. They keep you feeling full for longer and score relatively low on the calorie level.
The protein-packed goodness is full of probiotics which help you lose weight by keeping your bacteria happy (which is excellent for your metabolism). Stick with plain yoghurt instead of the flavoured yoghurts, which are often packed with sugars and calories.
It provides high-quality protein that is equipped with plenty of good omega-three fatty acids. It will help you feel more satisfied when you are watching your weight. It’s versatile, delicious and provides the recommended servings of white meat.
Add in fresh fruit in place of unhealthy snacks. It’s a natural treat that holds the benefits of antioxidants and fibre. Studies show that high consumption of fruits lowers the risks of becoming obese.
We hope that this list of healthy foods helps motivate and encourage you to achieve your goals. Of course, diet is just one of many factors that influence weight loss. For the chance to learn about ways to accelerate your weight loss – contact us directly and speak with one of our Slimwell advisors. You won’t regret it!